Saturday, November 14, 2009

The uniforms

I have become used to a couple of Fall uniforms for day and night. My day time uniform is a dress with a top layered underneath, tights and boots and a coat (and scarf usually). Although sometimes I go the way of "top, skirt and cardigan",it has become rare these past couple of weeks. I guess matching three pieces takes more effort than picking just one dress and a random top!
For the nights I am ending up with a knitted/sweater tunic, skinny jeans, boots, hat and scarf.
Like tonight:




p.s. sometimes it becomes more than necessary to alter and mend! I spend three hours last night (11:00pm-2:00am) working on some of my clothes. Apparently, my favorite cashmere/rabbit angora tissue sweater had an unfortunate encounter with a moth and ended up with seven holes! So much for all those lavender satchels I put in the drawers!
Yeah, I mended it but it is ruined! And I loved it; it was my feel-good be-happy-and-carefree sweater!
Also worked on three skirts that were a little large for me. A couple of adjustments, an extra seam or two and now they are perfect. Last but not least finally got around to thin down my gray dress, after 7 years! I guess I kept hoping that I grow into it! Anyway it was a little large around the chest and I fixed it.
Afterward I kept wishing I could be this dedicated to my studies!

No comments:

Post a Comment