Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bag of the month:

It has been more than two years that I’ve posted this feature (last one here). Now it’s back and hopefully will stay! 

When I was searching for my perfect black satchel bag, I came across J.Crew’s biennial satchel and I fell in love with it. However, my perfect black satchel turned out to be something else. Still, the medium biennial satchel stayed in my mind. In December 2012, I decide to reward myself for months of hard work (including passing a couple of exams, finishing training and getting hired as a college instructor, and publishing a paper). I figured I deserved something special and went looking for a special bag. When I saw the biennial in tan, I know that’s destiny: a gorgeous and practical bag in a lasting classic color? Couldn’t get better!
  This bag comes in soft pebble texture leather and measures 8 1/8"H x 11 5/8"W x 7 1/8"D. it has two small handles and one detachable shoulder strap. There are two zippered main compartments and each has a few pockets inside too. The zipper tag can be attached to a magnet on the zipper’s end which stops the jingling of hardware, an extra detail I appreciate. No logos or gaudy details on this bag, it has a clean classy look that complements many outfits. During the years, J.Crew has offered this bag in many colors. Mine is a classic tan/camel which is very versatile for my wardrobe.
  In a pinch I can fit my laptop inside. Going to school with me many times and as well as travelling and moving, this darling bag has worked very hard this past year and half and has kept well. It is an amazing bag that I keep grabbing whenever I am stumped for a bag that goes with my outfit. It’s that kind of a bag, a problem solver! I wish they bring it back, I can use this bag in a few other color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment