Monday, February 27, 2012

Spring style:

My work load is a little lighter from now on which means I can start thinking and planning about more important stuff like what to wear this spring!

For now, I am planning outfits in pastels, am looking for a few Mint colored pieces, becoming devoted to royal blue and looking for a few sporty items (draw string skirt? A nylon parka in neon color?) that I can corporate into my existing wardrobe.

Right now, I am attracted to:

The trends: I am liking pastels and sugary colors (although they wash me out!), a little safari, nautical, and 50s ladylike. The drop waisted 20s dresses don’t look good on me, but I might look for a few art deco jewelry.

Patterns: I am still loving polka dots and stripes, so florals are a little iffy.

Colors: black and white, royal blue, navy, peach and rose, hot pink, mint, sea foam green, gray. They all play well together, so hopefully I get a lot of wear out of my new and old stuff this spring.

Peplum: I want a peplum top. A real one, not those with elastic in the waist!

Skirts: pencils versus full and pleated. Although I love the flowy pleated ones, I am sticking to my trusty pencils for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment