Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Discovered: Stila cosmetics

When I first started to wear makeup, mom said two things. First: You don’t need make up! Second: OK, if you must, always buy the best!

So I’ve been keeping an eye on the new products in hopes of finding better quality. For years I’ve been devoted to Estee Lauder and Clinique for both cosmetics and skin care. My top drugstore brands and products are Neutrogena for skin care, mostly foundation and lip gloss, L’Oreal for lipsticks and eyeliner, Cover Girl for their new Lipperfection Lip colors and Maybelline for their Great Lash mascara.

I tried Tarte cosmetics since they are mineral base and organic but didn’t like their lip stain, mascara or foundation and bronzer. Their blush is great though!

Then I found Stila due to a very lucky shopping mistake. I tried their Michaela lipstick and loved it. It is soft, creamy and moisturizing. You can wear it by itself or apply it over another color for a bit of shine. Then bought an eye-shadow pallet and loved all the colors as well as their staying power (something I had zero success with from other brands). And finally I tried their eyeliner which goes on smoothly, stays long and doesn’t smudge.Well, it is the first brand that i loved anything I tried from their collection.

I think I have fallen in love with this cosmetic line. Not that I am giving up my beloved Clinique, but it’s nice to have other options!

No comments:

Post a Comment