Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Converted!

I never even had tried on a pair of Converse All Stars until last week! I never liked the canvas body or that white cap toe or the big white sole. The whole look was too crude and chunky for my taste. Remember the first pair of shoes I chose myself was a pair of cream patent leather Mary Janes! So the cult of Converse never appealed to my refined (Haah!) sensibilities. Last week however I tried a pair of high tops for the first time in my life (my sister is to blame! Hereby I hold her responsible for all the consequences!) and afterward ….hmmm…. errr… well… I kept thinking about them. The darn things were comfortable! And kinda cute and … comfortable and …. would go great with jeans and with these trendy track pants and …. Well, even Nina Garcia has them in her “The One Hundred”… and all those colors to choose from, surely that would come in handy… so…. Let’s try another pair for fit…
Yup! The rest is history. And I am to announce the earth shattering news today: I now own my first ever pair of Converse All Stars. 


Since it’s me, I went with the polka dots. The pattern distracts the eye from the big white cap toe! Also this pair is from the junior line. The women line was too plain!

No comments:

Post a Comment