Monday, July 20, 2009

What to match with...

A few days ago I went on a shopping frenzy and bought three skirts and a top. Two skirts from H&M and one from Anthropologie. I usually give myself a couple of days before removing the tags and try the new purchases with the stuff from my closet to see how they’re gonna work out. If they still look as good as they did in the store’s fitting room, I keep them and try to work them into my wardrobe; if not it’s back to store for them!
Anyway, today I was checking my purchases and found out that H&M skirts were not as flattering as they were in the store (also I’m teaching myself to wear only what I love and looks great on me) so they went to the return pile.
The Anthropologie top is purple with lattice work on the collar and I have decided to wear it with white jeans or white denim skirt. Also with distressed jeans or any other simple bottom which will let the top take the center stage.

But the skirt was hard to match. I checked all my tops for a suitable blue one all the while thinking it will look very boring. Problem is the skirt is this muted aqua color and very hard to match with other blues even navy. I had setting it with white T-shirt as a back up plan although the combination felt very uninspired! So I started playing with my color wheel and… yeah, this is the result. A little matchy-matchy and too yellow but I can always wear tan shoes and carry a metallic gold handbag instead of these. But I just love the look of these Keds! I have to find them!


I found out that I can set the skirt with orange as well. Am still looking at other colors and tops from my closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment