Friday, July 31, 2009

Style Inspiration (2)

I discovered LookBook a few weeks ago (yeah, I’m late to new things, sue me!) and I’m addicted. Yes, I know I’m very prone to addiction but hey, this is worth it! I check the new postings a couple of times per day and feel inspired, envious and… ummm, old!
What is it that all these people are less than 25 years old?! Does it mean more mature people are not so high tech or obsessed about their looks or only that LookBook is a fad more suited to younger people?! Anyhow, there is some sense of global-village-thing in seeing what kids from Oslo, Paris, London, Zagreb and Moscow to Manila, Korea and Japan are wearing and most of them being fashion or arts students…
Here are my observations for summer styles around the globe:
- most people wearing shorts and fitted tops,
- some added long lose cardigans or vests to that mix,
- shoes are mostly platform sandals, chunky ankle booties or colorful ballet flats,
- if skirts are worn, they are short and a little flowy with floral prints,
- everyone has added personal and unique touches to their outfits by adding second hand or vintage pieces,
- and last not least, most of the outfits are from low-price chains like H&M and Zara which are enhanced with a second-hand designer piece like a Chanel bag!

Another favorite is StreetStyle when lots of people have postings. I should warn you though it is a little overwhelming for the sheer number of posts everyday!

Good luck and enjoy your globe-trotting!

No comments:

Post a Comment