Thursday, July 16, 2009

Make it a Uniform

I was talking with a friend today and she mentioned she has an easy routine for getting ready for work. She said she has five dressy work pants that she wears in turns every day. So in the morning she just has to pick a suitable top to go with that day’s pants. As I’d read this post (Your Summer uniform) last week, my friend’s comment had me thinking. And I looked back at my own outfits and yes… who knew?! I have a couple of uniform that I go to in a pinch. My favorite one is kind of informal and great for many occasions: shopping, running errands, quick pop in to the office, lunches with friends, weeknight’s dinners and…
It includes my Generra Jacket (Spring 2009 Collection), my black denim miniskirt (Ann Taylor Loft) and a cool thin top (an H&M one with embellished open collar or a simple colorful tank top). My shoes are usually metallic wedges from Aerosoles and to add color and funk, I pick a bag that matches the color of my top.
Here is what it looks like (usually not this sunny!):

Sometimes instead of the black denim skirt, I wear a cream khaki skirt but the whole look is pretty consistence!
This uniform has made my getting ready effortless, quick and pain free. I think many of our outfits can be labeled as uniforms. This outlook can make wardrobe planning much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment