Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Handbag Addiction

You know those girls addicted to shoes and even attending shoe-addicts anonymous? Well I wish there was a bag-addicts anonymous too! No, I didn’t mean that really! I am proud to be a handbag addict and personally I never understand all the fuss about shoes. I love beautiful, well structured shoes, I’m not blind, you know! It is more like how I admire a piece of artwork though. For me to spend money on a pair of shoes they have to have more than a beautiful exterior, they have to be extremely comfortable and allow me to run in them as well. Now I know most people don’t run in three inches heels but for me, that’s something to consider! So it is a very rare pair of shoes that are beautiful and delicate and comfortable at the same time and I can’t find them quite often. Fancy, cute or unique handbags on the other hand are much easier to find so much so that dear hubby has started to call me a bag-addict! I’ve found out I have to buy at least a new bag every couple of months to keep myself from going into withdrawal and shakes or just plain depression! And if I control my urges and pass those bags which catch my eyes I start salivating over any ordinary bag like a starving puppy!
My last serious bag purchase was sometime in February, a yellow Red by Marc Ecko tote (the one I bought in vacation in May doesn’t count because I was on vacation and the floral print tote from Payless doesn’t count because it is to carry junk to school or to the beach!).


So these past few weeks I was feeling very edgy and in need of my fix. And… well, OK, I confess, I couldn’t stop myself, I had to have it. Here it is my new baby from BCBGMAXAZRIA:


I’ve fallen in love with its vintage style actually.
Yeah, I know, all addicts have their excuses. Anyway, it is official now; I’m a Bag-Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment