Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How to survive the heat?

It has been my burning question for the last two weeks from the moment I set foot on Arizona.
My game plan so far:
-Keep it simple: I have simplified my outfits to the point of bare minimum. No extra necklaces, no scarves, no belts, not even thin jackets and cardigans anymore.
-Wear non-confining dresses: Although I need to wear dress styles which define the waist, I’m wearing dresses that are nipped in waist but a bit loose still. Shift dresses and shirtdresses are my style of choice right now. Maxi dresses are also great and I’ve seen them on a lot of people.

-Pay attention to the fabric: cotton, linen, silk, rayon. Light and cool fabrics in lighter colors, despite my severe attachment to navy.
- Finding a new neutral: see above, my severe attachment to navy. I need to find a new power color which is lighter and more suitable to Arizona’s weather and its bright sun. Brown and khaki don’t work, because of my complexion and personal preference. Olive or military don’t either. I think heather gray is for the gym only. Which leaves me with… almost no neutral! There is always white and I have plenty of items in white, but… I also need a dark neutral to balance it out. Either I have to find a very specific shade of gray or go with lighter blues like chambray. Something to think about! Any suggestions?
-Get my hair off my neck: this is driving me crazy! I have started braiding my hair and bought hair clips although I’m not wearing it out of the house. My favorite style is a messy looped ponytail and a messy low bun. I am just thankful that the remaining keratin in my hair and low humidity have eliminated the frizz from my hair.

-Skincare: I have to figure out a way to stop my makeup from melting on my skin. I’ve gone for the bare minimum again and am only applying tinted sunscreen and anti-redness powder, still… I need to consult with a professional!

No comments:

Post a Comment