Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wanted! Inspiration

I’ve been delightfully busy. My cousin and her husband were visiting California for the first time. It has been more than ten years that I’d seen them. So it was very exciting and fun having them over.
To make everything easy I wore my tried and true outfits: Striped jacket and skinny jeans, White jeans and navy folk-y tunic, striped tops and white cargos…; easy, fun, cool and great for going to the beach and sight seeing.
Rinse and repeat! A week of this easy diet and I was fed up with navy and white and strips and in desperate need of inspiration and a new outfit combination.
Oooh, what is that picture in Lucky magazine?

Getting It Right: Cargo Skirts & T-Shirts



• CHOOSE A CRISP SKIRT that hits mid-thigh (for a little sexiness) and fits slim through the hips. As far as color goes, we like classic army green.

• A THIN-CUT, SLOUCHY TEE creates a soft juxtaposition with the clean lines of the skirt. Anything overly formfitting will quickly take the outfit in too uniform-like a direction.

• LUXE-FEELING ACCESSORIES like strappy heels and a bucket bag add elegance; keeping them in a neutral palette maintains the feminine-utilitarian vibe.

Mmm, it happens that I have an olive cargo skirt bought last October on sale for $8.99.
Let’s go check and see if I can find it and also a loose top that is not a t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment