Thursday, June 3, 2010

so how was your trip?

I have been away for so long it seems. A five week trip, a whole week getting over my jetlag and another week doing school work*.
How was my trip in general? Good, relaxing and totally lazy.
How was my trip fashion wise? Well, people usually are in sweats and tees and jeans for long flights and my five hour stay in Dubai airport didn’t provide me with any fashion inspiration unfortunately. The most well-dressed people around were the airport staff and guards, wearing either black suites or black pants or skirts with nice bright turquoise blazers. All of the female staff had full make up and their hairs were up in French twists, quite elegant I should say.
In Iran the most popular color was (sadly!) mustard, off-white and cream as other choices due to weather getting warmer. The top coats were body skimming and short. Tunics were really popular.
How was my trip shopping wise? On my other trips, I used to spend a couple of days shopping for clothes in Tehran and a day shopping for artwork and handcrafted pieces in Isfahan but not this time! This time I did my most minimum shopping. My mom should be so proud of me!
But I managed to bag a few sweet and unique pieces that I am very proud of.
Here is your sneak preview:





Just look at those hand-printed silk scarves! Are they gorgeous? And just look at those bags! I so love them!

* Why is it? Whenever I put a lot of effort in my report or presentation, I don’t get the opportunity to present my work! The gods of homework don’t like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment