Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ode to my black dress

Hello, I’m back!
I passed that scary exam yesterday and today relaxed between two meetings in the afternoon and then a little chitchat with my friend.
Have been sticking to my uniform approach these days because I couldn’t be bothered to think and plan outfits. My creativity had taken a nose dive! So it was dresses with tops layered under for the days and a long knit tunic and skinny jeans for the nights, and of course coats and scarves and boots.
My black sleeveless minidress has been in constant use. It is perfect with a button down shirt or with a long sleeve tee or a tissue thin knit cowlneck sweater. It works well with prints and with solids of any color with just minimum accessorizing.

I have never thought I would get so much wear out of a simple dress year after year.
Next, I am going to pair this dress with more elaborate tops, a little more chiffon and lace and ruffle to make it more festive for the tholiday season!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on passing... and you're right: a black dress offers so many different ways to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming over.
    I also tried the cream lacy blouse look but it looked to school-girly on me!

    ReplyDelete