Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sleepwear wanted!

How many times a day you change? How many outfits you need for a day? For me it depends on how many times I go out! Let’s start from the morning; I change out of my pajamas into my “House Dress”. My “House Dress” is not necessarily a dress it can be my yoga pants and a tank top if it is chilly. If the weather is hot, it is probably a cotton strappy mini dress which is a little loose and very light and (very) short! If it is winter it is a pair of jeans or leggings with a thick oversize chunky sweater. Not so hot it could be a pair of cotton shorts and a tank top.
Then if I go out I have to change out of my “House Dress” into my planned outfit for the day and when I come back, change back to my “house Dress”. Now if I go out in the evening or at night I have another change of outfits and the back to “House Dress” or if I am lucky and I get home really late, straight to pajamas! So how many times was that? At least four times a day! Wow, extra time anybody?!
But the best part of my day is changing into my pajamas. It is when I feel the most relaxed. It has become some sort of ritual for me and I’m paying a lot of attention to my pajamas. If it is chilly or cold I wear a tissue tee with cotton pajama pants and if it is hot and summery, a cotton short and tank top. But all should be 100% cotton and very soft, little ribbons and lace trims and pretty patterns are a bonus.
These past couple of years I have been buying my sleepwear from Gap Body and tissue thin tees from Old Navy but this year for my birthday I got a coupon from Victoria’s secret and thought to pamper myself with something extra special. What is better for a spoiled clothes-horse than a soft luxurious pair of pajamas, right?
Wrong! I checked their website and their sleepwear (no, I’m not talking lingerie here!) is bland! Lots of patterns but not enough detailing, no dainty lace trims, no tiny flowers, no ribbon, nothing! Their cotton pajamas look like prison wear! Ok, not that bad but not feminine either! Their satin pajamas are polyester. Imagine sleeping in one, yuck! And my dreams of a silk robe were all shattered when I didn’t find anything silk on their website!
Now I’m the first person to sing their praises when it comes to underwear. They make the best bras ever and their lace is not scratchy and their patterns are cute and there are lots of varieties but sleepwear? Nope! Apparently that’s their Achilles’ ankle!
So what am I going to do with my birthday discount? Have a week to figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment