Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mixed Media Necklace (DIY)


Remember I mentioned how much I’m loving these trendy mixedmedia jewelry? Well after 6 hrs of labor, extended over a period of three weeks (so what? I’ve been busy!), I finally finished my own version!
 I used materials I had laying around. Thank you little sis for the ribbon BTW! The beads come from two broken bracelets. The chain is left over from another project. I started with the simple unadorned pendant which I’d gotten 6-7 years ago from Bowers museum gift shop (it was from Queen of Sheba exhibit). Then I added colored beads to the fringe, added the nickel chain, knitted the orange red tread and nickel beads, added the strand of red beads and sew the ribbon. And… it’s done!
I am happy with the result. Of course when I think the store versions are somewhere between 50 to 400 dollars, I feel ecstatic. Have I mentioned before I’m a bit of jewelry designer?!


No comments:

Post a Comment