Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Back to Basics

Starting three months ago and as the result of “so many things to do, so little time”, I started to simplify my outfits. I’ve let go of layers and stopped playing with colors and am now down to the most basic of classic looks: a white shirt, a pair of skinny jeans, a jacket and a pair of high heels. The pop of color comes from my bag, belt or necklace.

The trick to pulling of this look, I’ve found out to be in the perfect fit of the clothes and the quality of fabrics and accessories. Bead necklaces don’t work in this outfit, gold ones do. Canvas bags don’t, colorful structured leather ones do. Slouchy baggy jeans don’t work, structured skinny ones do. Wedge sandals don’t work, leather pumps work great. Cotton shirts don’t work, silk ones do. Details, details!

My uniform these days:

No comments:

Post a Comment