Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hot weather and a bandaged knee

I was facing this dilemma two weeks ago right after I injured my knee. The temperature was between 80 and 90 degree and I had a bandaged purplish knee and couldn’t wear any of my skirts or dresses. So much for waiting for the warm weather!

My solution was wearing that slouchy linen pants I told you about a few weeks ago. The legs were wide enough to hide the bandage and didn't rub against my skin. Cool and comfortable, paired either with strappy flats or tan wedges.

The only problem was that the pants needed ironing before each wear!

Imagine it’s the week of July 12-16, right after I scraped my knee:

Tuesday night, dinner and going to the coffee-shop:

Wednesday, an afternoon in the library, pretending to be a serious researcher:

I have owned this top for more than 10 years and in all this time have worn it less than 10 times. But I can’t bring myself to throw it away. I have a weak spot for those burlap patchworks!

Thursday, lunch and shopping with my friend:

Friday, a walk on the beach with dear hubby:

No comments:

Post a Comment