Sunday, August 22, 2010

The cat’s meow

…or maybe a leopard’s gentle roar!

For years and years and with all my love for all kind of feline, I used to treat leopard print with wary eyes, never to get close, never to buy the print. It always reminded me of loud style of 80’s and big curls and loud music and (sorry!) fat ladies! Up until last year my only leopard printed possession was a hair barrette. Then two years ago, I become brave enough and added a dress in stylized leopard print to my wardrobe right after seeing the print for six months straight. The dress went unworn for months and has been worn just once since!

Then I bought a gray leopard print scarf last winter which (surprise surprise!) I wore it most of the winter and well into spring even on my spring vacation.

Now with leopard being the dominant pattern everywhere, I’ve become obsessed. Still knowing myself, I’m focusing on accessories. I pushed my style boundaries and bought a pair of leopard print pumps last week and am looking for a thin scarf or a faux fur muffler, or maybe a pair of gloves or a belt. Ooh, rest assure, I’m not going to wear all these together. Small doses of this print is apparently all I can take!

No comments:

Post a Comment