Monday, March 15, 2010

My Top Ten or How to be a Minimalist

This post of Garance had me thinking about my top 10 basics and minimum pieces for a capsule wardrobe the whole morning. I thought hard on my favorite items and on my most stylish and practical ones. Did you know they are not the same?! I have worn my favorites only a few times but the work horses of my wardrobe are down to free cost per wear and still going unappreciated.
So let’s dedicate this post to those little heroes in my wardrobe. I am going to change the rules here and go with ten items of clothing and five accessories.
Top Ten basics:
1- A white button down or an ivory blouse
2- My slim fit dark jeans
3- My slim fit white jeans
4- A cotton black cardigan
5- A thin cream cashmere or lamb wool V-neck sweater
6- A navy corduroy or denim blazer
7- My nylon trench coat with its quilted lining
8- My high waisted denim skirt
9- A sleeveless A-line black dress
10- My gray cotton sheath dress


Accessories:
1- Tan strappy sandals (preferably my Michael Kors ones)
2- Black or navy flats
3- A cognac colored pair of boots
4- My tan Cole Haan Hobo bag
5- My black structured Dooney and Bourke tote/briefcase

I can live on this capsule wardrobe year round happily if I get to add unlimited colorful $3.00 camies and tank tops and unlimited number of scarves.
Now that I have all this in black and white in front of me, my conscience is asking me why I have to buy a new item of clothing every week! This list making stuff is bad for a person’s peace of mind! Despite everything I know I love variety. I would get bored with a capsule wardrobe fast. Going “Minimalista” is not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment