Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter Blues or what I didn’t like recently

Ahh, I’m becoming really irresponsible with this weblog. Not my fault really! I blame it on monotonous winter days. After a week of rain, we are having a couple of weeks of half cloudy weather with tangy chilliness. Yep! That is a very accurate scientific description and my dad would be proud of me (he is a retired meteorologist). And I got winter depression. Or to use a very common expression, I’m in a winter style rot. That whole challenge with skirts didn’t work out. Apparently I am not in the mood for skirts this winter. It is much easier to layer a dress over one of my barely worn button downs and just stress over the matching of my scarf and coat.
Then I ordered a pleather rain boot and it took two weeks to get here. Now that I got it, the rain has stopped.
I feel like getting dress is taking too much effort and makes me tired. I’m preferring to wear jeans and a comfy long sweater and flats (oh, horror!).
Else? I went to look for transitional breezy pieces for spring and couldn’t find anything suitable. The silk skirt I fell in love with was extra flowy and voluminous. Looked very nice on the hanger but not-so-flattering on me. The geometric print cotton dress I loved was too short (barely covering the essentials!) and the boutique was out of that silk dusty rose top in my size.
Should I add that the scarf I was admiring was sold before I could get to it?
Not a very happy uplifting shopping experience, I tell ya!
To get my fashion fix, I started watching the “Ugly Betty” Season three DVDs but the unhappy ending and all those bad things happening to all the characters just added to my funk.
I started a couple of illustrations and made such a mess of lines that I gave up.
I am tired of heavy dark winter clothes. I am fed up with my boots, I want to wear nice shoes, and not clogs either!
I have a large list of essential items for spring and I can not find them anywhere (with a reasonable price tag, I mean).
And my husband’s birthday is in two days and I still haven’t bought his gift. Worse yet, I don’t know what to buy for him!
Winter blues? Oodles!


On a less depressing note: if you are planning to mix patterns this spring, be very careful. Let’s Betty be your warning. Do not, (repeat) do not, under any circumstances; mix large or bright colored patterns. Go with one small and one large pattern which are similar in color or shape or theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment