Monday, January 18, 2010

My dream outfit

I guess the “dream dress” or “dream outfit” for most people is something like a gorgeous party dress or a cute top or a head to toe chic look or an awesome designer piece but for the last year and half, my dream outfit has been a simple ruffley skirt and sweater combo. I envision myself wearing it at home, hosting an elegant tea party or lounging on the couch watching a period movie and sipping chamomile tea from a huge mug or sitting in the garden paging through a magazine with a tall glass of lemonade by my side. It’s that kind of outfit. The homey relaxing elegance of mid-century English ladies walking in parallels of their centuries old mansions, looking at acres of green hills wrapped in fog.
It sounds simple, doesn’t it? If so, why I haven’t been able to find it anywhere?! In Fall 2008, I saw this outfit in a magazine. I was in love! I spent six months looking for the perfect pale silk and satin ruffled skirt (on a budget!) and I couldn’t find it. Everything was too coarse, too short or the colors too harsh, not the soft delicate feel I have been dreaming about. The closest I came was a lingerie/slip in lavender chiffon with a ruffled skirt which was too short to wear as a serious skirt.


Then I gave up, got disappointed and start sneering at all floral chiffon miniskirts the whole summer. But as fate had it, I came across this outfit in December 2009 issue of “In Style” and my heart start pitter pattering again. Ooh, my love, where can I find you?


So I’m looking again for that perfect silky ruffley skirt and the softest sweetest sweater ever.
And you know what? I’m not going to give up this time. I’m going to check every store and website I can think of until I find and put together this outfit.

2 comments: