Thursday, August 27, 2009

Packing chronicles, Part 1

I have to spend the whole next week in a rural town in Indiana in a chemistry lab. I’m thinking really hard on putting a week worth of outfits together to finally hide them under a lab coat! As the temperature is supposed to fluctuate between upper 40’s to mid 60’s and be rainy, cloudy, sunny, cloudy and rainy (in that order!), my work is cut for me! Plus chemistry labs are often cold and you have to wear jeans and completely closed shoes in case you spill something on your feet, which means I have to pack jeans, jeans and jeans!
Here is my rough plan:
- one medium thickness jacket
- three pair of jeans
- one brown twill pants
- two gray cardigans (one long, one short), two cream cardigans (one long, one short), one thin black cardigan
- a couple of scarves
- tees and tops (as much as I can!)
- yoga pants and sweater
- pj’s
- enough underwear for a week
- enough socks for a week (close shoes, remember?!!)
- towels
- cosmetic, hair care and skin cares
- at least three pair of shoes and one pair of slippers for the hotel room
- my laptop, books, notes and mp3 player
- one tote bag and one purse
- teabags, energy bars and cookies
- an umbrella
- my lab coat (sheesh!)
- my flatiron (maybe?)
And a bunch of other things that for sure weights a ton and takes lots of space, all of these in a carry on case!
Well, good luck to me!
I let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment