Thursday, November 20, 2014

Winter hiatus

Sorry for the lack of posts! These past couple of weeks with the cold weather and constant snow, there haven’t been any exciting (or even slightly interesting) outfit. What I am wearing normally is a type of uniform consistent of a pair of winter pants with  a pair of fleece lined legging layered underneath, two pair of winter socks, a cotton top, a merino wool turtle neck layered over it, a cashmere or merino wool sweater layer over that one, a wool jacket over them, and finally a down coat over everything. I found knit hats with ear flaps which are lined with fleece and I wear them daily. Over the hat, I usually put an ear warmer/headband and then pull the hood of my down coat over them all. I am also constantly wearing a double layer scarf with a dense knit. I wear a pair of fleece gloves and over those I wear a pair of fluffy fury mittens which are also lined with fleece.
Do I look ridiculous? I guess so! Do I care when the alternative is freezing in 17⁰F weather (wind makes it feel like 3-0⁰F)? No, absolutely not!

No comments:

Post a Comment