Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!




There are small things you can be thankful for and there are major things. Right now I am in the mood to be thankful for the little things:

-Having a pool in the house when it’s 115⁰F hot.
-A peaceful and beautiful neighborhood where all you need is conveniently close by.
-Seeing two months of colorful foliage after 15 years of living in places with no autumn.
-Finally learning to order the perfect pumpkin spice latte: soy milk, extra syrup, extra pumpkin spice!
-Finding an old friend in a new city where you know no one else.
-An apartment with a convenient store on the ground floor when it’s 22⁰F outside.
-A cup of hot chocolate with a shot of coffee liquor when it’s snowing.
-A knit hat which is fleece lined. Also a down coat and furry fleece lined mittens!
-Great stores which offer a wide range of little things and distract you on lonely weekends.
- Barnes & Noble bookstore! It’s like seeing a good friend everywhere you go. May the company be always prosperous!
-The ability to go back home and recharge (and to have that safe haven in my life).

On a serious note, I am thankful for all the resources and fall-backs in my life, not that I used them much but for the security and the assurance, the knowledge that they are there for me if I ever need them. To be able to take risks more daringly and to face challenges in comfort. That is one blessing I am thoroughly grateful for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment