Monday, August 18, 2014

Fall Shopping

Although it doesn't sound believable, I don't have a shopping list this Fall. As someone who packed two suitcases full of clothing and 5-6 pairs of shoes for donation just a couple of days ago, I am not in a hurry to replace any of them. You see, I still don't know where I am going to end up this Fall and Winter. After enduring a lot of traveling and two moves this past year and half, I am starting to think I don't need a lot of stuff. While traveling last Fall, I lived out of a regular size suitcase without any problems for three months. You may point out that I had my sister's entire wardrobe at my disposal and was shopping for whatever else I needed but let me assure you that I got back home with only an additional carry on bag. I have come to realize as long as I have a few basic and well made classic items, I can dress elegantly. That is why with the prospect of another extensive travel time ahead of me, I am minimizing. For this Fall, I think I am set. I can still shop for a black cashmere cardigan and a camel turtleneck sweater but these are not necessary. If I found a great bargain, yes, I buy; if not, well no loss. Also I have a classic plaid coat and a red tartan coat on my shopping list, but still no rush since they have been on the list for the last three years. One thing I might need is a pair of brown leather boots (either wedges or riding) with good sole traction. My old pair sailed to the Great Shoe Shop in the skies last winter and left me alone in this cruel world. Replacing it would take serious research. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment