Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Short Hair: an adjustment

My hair is really short now for the first time in…. ah, maybe ten years! I’d usually gone for a jaw length bob and called it short but this time I went all the way. My hair is pixie short like Ann Hathaway’s. It is a bit of a challenge style-wise since recently I’m into Chanel-esque jackets. My neck is a little long and with no hair fanned out around it, there is just too much empty space around my head and shoulders!
Ways to improve:
-long and dangly earrings. Good thing big statement earrings are becoming trendy again.
-bold eyes. I usually wear a subtle kitten like eyeliner but with this new cut I went all out and tried real thick cat eyes. My hairstylist mentioned the big mistake many people make after getting a dramatic cut is not adjusting their makeup. She said it makes their look dated and ages them.
-orange lips. I’m so glad that orange lips are trendy for this spring. Now I can make them the focal point of my look. I’ve assembled a little wardrobe of orange lip pencils.
-collard tops and jackets. As much as I like collarless boxy jackets, I need to go back to the more classic shapes. I’m thinking about tuxedo jackets. And of course, I have a weak spot for button downs. These days I’m collecting oxford blues like there is no tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment