Saturday, April 2, 2016

Personal style: Bijou

One of the major breakthroughs in developing personal style is being honest with oneself. Case in point, loving the idea of an item or a style of clothing but never wearing it (or being very uncomfortable wearing it). I discovered my problem with skirts after years and years of buying and storing skirts. Now with that insight to draw upon, I have identified another fantasy item in my closet, something much more costly than skirts. Drumroll please... I give you: bracelets. I have a nice collection of bangles and bracelets, both costume and fine, which I rarely wear. The proof? Look at the outfits in this front page alone. Do you see any bracelet? Yeah! Well, I have decided to stop buying them entirely. I also try to incorporate those that I own in more of my outfits.
Since we are being honest here, I confess to developing problems with rings too. I blame the heat of Arizona. It makes me want to take of anything confining or unnecessary.
What am I still wearing? Necklaces and earrings. Now these are the pieces I have to invest in. They make me happy. Current trends? Hoop earrings, statement shoulder grazing earrings and multi layer necklaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment