Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The best "Nude" lip color

Finding my perfect Nude lipstick has become something of an ongoing quest for me. I've been trying and discarding lipsticks (and lip crayons and all the other variations) in search of my lips exact color for so long, that some years I give up the notion completely and decide to live with red or pink lips for the rest of my life!
Joke aside, I have given every hyped color a try and here is what I've finally learned: my lips are not one exact color! Depending on the season, the temperature and my health, the color varies from a cyclamen pink to a very light coral. So instead of one "Nude", I should have several. Here are my favorites at present:
-Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color stick in Soft Raspberry (60), a brownish coral.
-Revlon Colorburst Balm stain in Honey (001), light pink with purple/blue undertones.
-Clinique Chubby stick color balm in Chunky Cherry (05), equal amount orange and pink and very light.
and my recent find,
-MAC Matte lipstick in Velvet Teddy, a pinkish beige.

Doesn't mean I am satisfied. I still need a light coral which means another few years of research!

No comments:

Post a Comment