Saturday, September 13, 2014

A taste of summer

Now that I am somewhere cold and autumn-y I can safely assume the summer has ended although officially we still have another week to go. To stop the boredom this summer I composed a "Summer Bucket List" at the start of summer. Today I went through it and thought it fun to post it here and report how it all went:

-Wear more jewelry: I started stacking rings and bracelets. These days I have at least three rings on my hands (wedding ring included!). I got over my reluctance to bracelets and even wore two or three of them together. All in all, good job to me!
-Find a suitable "No Makeup" makeup routine: I did it! After years and years of playing with unflattering bronzes and browns, I finally perfected a look that works with my complexion and coloring. More on it later in another post.
-Learn to swim: going from dog-paddling and hopping like a rabbit (you know that technique when you jump up, paddle with your hands a couple of times and move forward a yard until your feet touches the pool’s floor again? No?!) to swimming half the length of the pool without touching the floor. Yes, definite improvement!
-Finish “The Cat Who…” series by Lillian Jackson Braun: out of 29 books in the series, I read 24 which is great considering I was reading a whole bunch of other stuff too.
-Try a new salsa recipe: Not a chance!
-Listen to music every day: I managed to listen to something new every other day. Not so bad!
-Have a picnic: It was honestly too hot to eat outside even at night. A firm No on this one!
-Make green/plant arrangement for different rooms: My first attempt at succulents failed miserably since the plants died two days after coming into our house. I made a succulent terrarium with artificial plants which turned out nicely and doesn’t need watering. Since I am not there to take care of live plants this worked well. I also have two orchids which are flourishing according to my husband.

I would say it wasn’t a disappointing turn out. I managed to meet most of my goals and I’m happy with what I accomplished. A very satisfying summer then!

No comments:

Post a Comment