Thursday, March 6, 2014

Peter Pilotto for Target skirt:

I usually don’t buy items from Target colab collections. The quality is generally low, the colors garish and the hype too much. After all these years I can count the number of my Target colab purchases on one hand, a Lela Rose top, a Kirna Zabet dress, a Michael Kors dress and a Marc Jacob pouch. To that number, I added a Peter Pilotto skirt a few weeks ago. I’m still not sure if I’m going to keep it, but am trying to convince myself that the black and white color scheme would help me get some wear out of it.

The attitude of people here toward these collections is so different from people in Orange County. There, people would stand in lines hours before opening time on the day of launching the collection and by midday everything was gone. Here a month after launching, all the pieces and sizes are still hanging on the racks. Such a big change for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment