Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Holy Grail of style: Tank tops

Tank tops are the most unappreciated clothing item in my opinion. They are the base, they are just there. Unless of course it’s the middle of summer, then they become visible. There are many variations on these tops, cami, racer back, spaghetti strap, sleeveless and simple shells. Some are definitely shapeware, holding in and smoothing. Their type and style is definitely a matter of personal choice and style. I have gone through my share of tank top variations, starting with simple undershirt style, to shells, then the spaghetti strap camies and ribbed, always going for slim fitting and body conscious. Recently however, I have become enamor of those cut a bit loose and more A-line. They drape better, hide the muffin top and look better untucked. Rayon and cotton are my material of choice, soft, silky and cool.


I have been snatching them up as I could find them mostly in black and white, although my new purchases and current favorites are fromGap. What’s your favorite style of tank tops?

No comments:

Post a Comment