Friday, July 20, 2012

Holy Grail of Style: Military Jacket


Military or Utility jacket has become a wardrobe staple. Once worn only by “Cool and Edgy” and “rebels”, now it has become something of a classic piece. It is in style year after year, season after season… and… I want one. It could be worn in multiple ways: over dresses or shorts or skirted outfits when it’s warm, over skinny jeans when it’s chilly, under coats as a layering piece,... as demonstrated here
I’ve bought a military inspired topper a couple of year ago. It is a cross between a trench coat (longish with swallow tail hem) and an anorak (big draw string collar). It doesn’t however fulfill all my expectations. I’ve kept looking for something hip length or longer in traditional overcoat military style (or should I say utility?). Considering the return of everything military for This Fall, I have to find one as soon as possible. Here are my recent two options: blowing an insane amount on Anthropologie version or lowering my expectations and going with the Gap version. Which one do you prefer?


No comments:

Post a Comment