Thursday, April 28, 2011

How to wear a blush colored maxi skirt?

I’ve been salivating over street style shots of long flowy light colored maxi skirts so much that when I found a blush maxi in American apparel I just had to have it. It is a sheer chiffon and slightly see-through. So finding the right underpipping for it took a while. Do you know not all the nudes are created equal?!

The beauty of maxi skirts is in their versatility. They can be dressed down or up, worn to beach or a party, shopping or office.

Since this style skirt is a little voluminous, it’s best to wear it with fitted tops or to belt your top and define your waist. Otherwise it makes you look heavy. Also wear high wedges or chunky heels. Height balances the volume of the skirt.

Anyhow, the first time I wore it cool and casual with a shrunken jean jacket and striped top. The second time I wanted to try a new color combination I saw in a magazine and paired the blush with a berry colored top (and a cream knit hoodie to ward of the chill!).

No comments:

Post a Comment