Saturday, October 11, 2014

"Get a move on!"

Yes, another move in Ann Arbor, from one apartment to another. These days I feel like a nomad. First week of September, I moved from Phoenix Arizona to Ann Arbor Michigan with my whole life in three suitcases. I lived in a hotel for a few days and then moved to an apartment. Since I was staying there temporarily, I didn't unpack. You can imagine how chaotic it was in the mornings to get ready. Now, I moved to another apartment closer to my work and I will be staying here for the next couple of months (to the end of my stay in Michigan). You can bet the first thing I did was unpacking all three suitcases and hanging everything in the closet!  (Coincidentally, this first picture is of the building I work in.)


There is another move on the horizon in December, somewhere out of states and I am excited. Scared too, but mostly excited. As for my life style, I guess I am getting used to all the traveling, the new environments and the new people.  The living out of a suitcase too, since I did it for most of last year as well.
One thing is ironic though: after years of dreaming about a big roomy closet with customized shelving, when I finally get it I have to move for work and leave it behind. Life is definitely not fair, I can assure you! I can also complain about challenges of dressing for a very cold climate after living in CA and AZ for years and then the confusion of shopping for a hot and humid climate while still adjusting to cold of Michigan.
Can you guess where I'm going next?

No comments:

Post a Comment