Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I’ve moved…

…from beautiful Southern California to the deserts of Arizona. The temperature is between 115 to 105 in daytime and somewhere around 100 at night. The humidity… what humidity? The air is as dry as old bones! The landscape is a monochrome of khaki, beige and brown with splashes of cactus green. The houses are in the same sandy and khaki colors. The interior of our house is also an eye scorching symphony of beige and muddy green with yellow oak floors and cabinets.
 All this to say, I am in a cultural and physical shock and my artistic sensibilities are fatally injured. I don’t think I can live with this color scheme at all.
The most uncomplicated of my dresses had to be employed to battle the heat and a thin cardi for “AC + ceiling fan” interiors. 

On a positive note, we discovered Pheonix’s equivalent of BJ’s. Same loud atmosphere, same sampler of beers! The soup wasn’t equal to BJ’s clam chowder but the sandwich and salad were much better. The pizza you ask? Oh my god! So delicious it almost made up for all the faults Phoenix may have!

No comments:

Post a Comment